A person must hold a Personal Licence in order to be named as a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) on a Premises Licence in England and Wales or Designated Premises Manager (DPM) on a Premises Licence in Scotland. A Personal Licence also allows its holder to authorise the sale of alcohol. In addition to offering accredited licensing training qualification courses, Lockett & Co can also provide the following services in relation to Personal Licences:

New Personal Licence Applications (England and Wales)  Lockett & Co. will progress your New Personal Licence Application from start to finish. First, we will apply for your basic criminal records disclosure certificate from Disclosure Scotland (which is required as part of the Personal Licence Application). Once this has been received, we will then apply for your Personal Licence. A Personal Licence issued in England or Wales can only be used in England and Wales, it cannot be used in Scotland.

New Personal Licence Applications (Scotland)  See here.

Personal Licence Renewals (England and Wales)  Personal Licences in England and Wales no longer expire. Legislation was passed on 1st April 2015 in regards to Personal Licence renewals in England and Wales. Section 115 of the Licensing Act 2003 has been amended by section 69 of the Deregulation Act 2015, which removes the requirement to renew a Personal Licence in England and Wales.

Personal Licence Renewals (Scotland)  See here.

Personal Licence Change of Name and/or Address – If you are a Personal Licence Holder and your name and/or address has changed, this information must be updated on your Personal Licence.